div id=”slideshow”> ”slideshow ”slideshow ”slideshow

Friday, March 13, 2009

Food Storage Focus Group

Thanks to all of you who attended last night's focus group with Jon

Sherman from iwillprepare.com! We had a great turnout, and appreciated

so many of the brothers who came as well. We found out many things

about being prepared for emergencies both big and small, and I have some

follow-up info to share with you.


Jon told me afterwards about his source of solar ovens, which is at

least $50 cheaper than anywhere else, but I need at minimum of 5 orders

to get them at that price (about $210), so please let me know if you are

interested. He said that the solar oven is the best when the sun's out,

but that we also should have something else like the apple box oven he

showed us last night. So, I'm considering having another focus group to

make the apple box ovens if some of you are interested. Please get back

to me and let me know if you would like to do that at our Provident

Living focus group in April (Apr. 9th).


As a follow-up to Jon's info about building the water barrel platforms,

he told us that his dad (Will Sherman) will build them for only $35

apiece, which includes two hose bibs. Eric Cassinat tells me that we

can hardly make them ourselves for that price, so if you are interested,

you can send a message to Jon at iwillprepare@gmail.com.

Also, Jon will be teaching a workshop on Thurs., March 26 at 7 pm, on

the topic of dry pack canning, bread making, and other uses for wheat.

It will be at the Higley Stake Center on Recker Rd., south of Warner, so

it really is just right around the corner!


Okay so I hope that you can use some or all of this info. (You can go

to iwillprepare.com to get much of the Preparedness 101 and the water

workshop that were presented to us last night.)

Please let me know other topics we can cover to meet your preparedness

needs!

--Myrna Sheppard

No comments: